John Crane SE2 Ahlstar - Dual Mechanical Seals for Sulzer Ahlstar Pumps
The double-balanced design of Safeseal SE2 ensures reliable and long-lasting operation under the most demanding
This seal is typically used in pumps for abrasive and environmentally hazardous liquids in cooking, evaporation, and causticizing facilities in pulp mills.
The SE2 seal is especially designed for the Sulzer APP pump series.
max 180 °C (350 °F)
Stuffing box pressure max. 20 bar (290 psi) Seal water pressure max. 15 bar (215 psi)
max 30 m/s (65 ft/s)
1. Seal faces are fastened by a patented thermal heat shrink method, which ensures correct face alignment at all temperatures recommended for this
2. The springs are located in the stationary body of the seal in the seal water. This allows the seal water to rinse the springs
continuously, preventing corrosion by process chemicals. In addition, spring jams
decrease. Shaft misalignment does not pump up springs or wear out
3. The piston-type design of the seal enables free axial movement, therefore axial movement does not have any impact on seal face
4. Even in standard models, PTFE slot rings in positions where they are exposed to the product have replaced traditional
O-rings. The PTFE seal advantage is that it does not jam even in process conditions involving a lot of solid material.
5. Milled slots prevent rolling of the body ring that protects the seal face. This eliminates tension peaks that would distort the seal face.
6. The special double-balanced design allows the use of both pressurized and non-pressurized seal water."